Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Carolina Herrera Spring 2012

Yesterday I had the rare opportunity to view Carolina Herrera's Spring 2012 collection runway show at Lincoln Center.  The show was both spectacular and beautiful, and I was pleasantly surprised at how fresh and young her new designs are.

The pattern this season seemed to be long and lightweight flowing gowns, pants and jacket separates, and geometric and sparrow bird patterns. I was a fan of every piece in the collection, and I believe each one continued to reflect Herrera's vision of a strong, independent  and modern woman.

Renee Zellwanger, a big fan herself, was sitting in the front row and seemed to enjoy the collection as much as I did. I wouldn't be surprised to see her wearing one of Herrera's gowns in the future, because she would look beautiful in any one of them.

My favorites:
The black-and-white paneled dress (photo 14)
The long canvas coat with the light blue silk scarf (photo 20)
The red, sepia and greige geometric striped silk chiffon dress (photo 30)
The canary yellow silk gazar gown with silk organza band appliqué (photo 37)




* All photos courtesy of New York Magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment